The deadline for nominations for the Direct Marketing Association's Nonprofit Achievement Award and Nonprofit Public Service Award will be Oct. 18, the DMA's Nonprofit Federation said yesterday.
The awards will be presented at the 2003 Washington Nonprofit Conference to be held Feb. 26-27.
Nominees for the Nonprofit Achievement Award must be paid nonprofit professionals with an outstanding record of achievement during the previous 12 months. The nominee should be an innovative leader, a model of integrity who has shown a willingness to help in the professional development of others, and a source of inspiration and encouragement.
Nonprofit Public Service Award nominees must serve with a legislative, regulatory, charity watchdog or standards-setting body involved in postal, regulatory, legislative and/or accountability issues affecting nonprofit organizations. They must have made an exceptional, lasting and positive contribution to a nonprofit organization or the nonprofit sector.
Such contributions include:
· Educating citizens about the importance of nonprofit work and the need to assist the nonprofit community through volunteerism, advocacy and/or financial support.
· Easing financial or administrative barriers for a nonprofit organization and/or the nonprofit community.
· Championing a cause for a nonprofit organization and/or the nonprofit community.
· Promoting the highest level of excellence in the work performed in the nonprofit community.
· Promoting the highest level of integrity in the nonprofit community.
· Promoting innovation and efficiency in the nonprofit community.
Preference will go to individuals who have assisted the DMA Nonprofit Federation in its efforts to promote the interests of the nonprofit sector. Nomination forms can be obtained through Jill Murphy at the DMA Nonprofit Federation, 202/628-4380, or online at http://www.federationofnonprofits.org.