To better equip website owners and digital marketers, Google has released a new YouTube series titled “SEO Made Easy.” The purpose of this series is to offer actionable advice and methods for enhancing a website’s visibility in search engines. No matter how much experience you have with running a website, this series will provide you with useful information and concrete steps to improve your site’s visibility in Google’s search results.
The Importance of Structured Data
This first episode of “SEO Made Easy” will teach you how to use structured data to control how your brand name appears in Google’s SERPs. Using structured data, you can control how Google displays your domain name, guaranteeing uniformity and precision. Brand awareness and user experience can both be boosted by using structured data.
Why Customization Matters
Your website’s preferred name is chosen for you by Google’s search algorithm. It’s possible, though, that Google will have trouble reliably identifying your brand name. Structured data can be extremely helpful in these circumstances. Modifying your domain’s name in search engine results pages is one way to maintain brand integrity.
Practical Tips for Implementing Structured Data
There are workarounds available if you are unable to incorporate structured data directly into your website. One strategy is to always include your site’s name in the page’s title. Setting a site-wide name in your CMS or appending the site name to the titles of individual pages will accomplish this. This method is effective for subdomains and top-level domains, but it does not work at the directory level.
It’s important to give Google some time to incorporate the changes after you’ve made them. A re-indexing of your homepage can be requested through Google Search Console to hasten the process. If you follow these instructions, you will be able to increase your brand’s visibility in Google search results with the help of structured data.
What You Can Anticipate From “SEO Made Easy”
Google’s “SEO Made Easy” is just the beginning of the company’s commitment to producing instructional videos for webmasters and digital marketers on YouTube. If you want your website to do well in Google Search, you’ll find plenty of useful information in this series. This series will give you practical advice on how to optimize your website, from using Google Search Console to locate low-hanging fruit to implementing lazy loading for a better page experience.
You can look forward to learning about a wide range of subjects in upcoming episodes of “SEO Made Easy,” such as:
- Learn proven methods for boosting your website’s credibility through the use of inbound links.
- Find out how to improve your website’s visibility in local search engine results and connect with a wider audience in your area.
- Best practices for mobile search engine optimization include knowing why and how to optimize a website for mobile users.
- Dig into the fundamentals of on-page SEO to see how it can improve your website’s position in search results.
- Learn how to improve your website’s speed, make it more easily crawlable, and make use of structured data.
See first source: Search Engine Journal
1. What is Google’s “SEO Made Easy” YouTube series about?
“SEO Made Easy” is a YouTube series by Google aimed at website owners and digital marketers. It provides actionable advice and methods for improving a website’s visibility in Google’s search results.
2. What is the focus of the first episode of “SEO Made Easy”?
The first episode teaches viewers how to use structured data to control how their brand name appears in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). It emphasizes the importance of brand consistency and user experience.
3. Why is structured data important for controlling brand name appearance in SERPs?
Google’s search algorithm may not always accurately identify your brand name. Structured data allows you to modify how your domain name is displayed in search results, ensuring brand integrity.
4. What advice is provided for incorporating structured data into a website?
If you can’t directly incorporate structured data, you can include your site’s name in page titles. This can be done site-wide or by appending the site name to individual page titles. Google Search Console can be used to request a re-indexing of your homepage after making changes.
5. What can viewers expect from future episodes of “SEO Made Easy”?
Future episodes will cover a range of topics, including boosting website credibility through inbound links, improving visibility in local search results, mobile SEO best practices, on-page SEO fundamentals, and website speed optimization.
6. Is “SEO Made Easy” part of Google’s commitment to producing instructional content on YouTube?
Yes, “SEO Made Easy” is part of Google’s commitment to providing educational content for webmasters and digital marketers. It aims to help website owners optimize their websites for better performance in Google Search.
7. Can you provide a glimpse of what will be covered in upcoming episodes of “SEO Made Easy”?
Upcoming episodes will delve into topics such as boosting website credibility through inbound links, optimizing for local search results, mobile SEO best practices, on-page SEO fundamentals, and improving website speed and crawlability, as well as utilizing structured data.
Featured Image Credit: Kaleidico; Unsplash – Thank you!