Jim Wheaton, a marketing consultant and chairman at the Direct Marketing Association's Research Council, plans to announce the formation of his new company, Wheaton Consulting Group, at the DMA's 83rd Annual Conference and Exhibition this week in New Orleans.
WCG, based in Chapel Hill, NC, and Denver, is built around four principals with 76 years of combined direct marketing and systems experience, encompassing more than 60 clients across multiple vertical industries.
Jim Wheaton and Cynthia Baughan Wheaton will operate out of North Carolina. Candace Harjes and Mark Harjes, architects and developers of Web-enabled customer relationship management and business intelligence systems, are based in Colorado.
Since 1992, they have collaborated on the creation, implementation and maintenance of numerous data warehouses and marts, including associated target marketing initiatives. Projects have ranged from niche efforts to multiterabyte prospect and customer management solutions.
Areas of focus for WCG include:
• Gap analysis of data warehouse, quantitative data leveraging and direct marketing initiatives.
• Creation and maintenance of warehouses, marts and business intelligence subsystems.
• Quantitative data leveraging, including modeling, clustering and lifetime value analysis.
• Prospect and customer direct marketing consulting.
• New venture development, including e-commerce applications.
• Management and evaluation of outside vendors, including database systems providers, demographic enhancement specialists and computer service bureaus.
• On-site seminars and training.