United Parcel Service and Yahoo Inc. yesterday announced the integration of a suite of online UPS shipping tools into Yahoo Small Business.
The tools, available to more than 30,000 merchants at Yahoo Small Business, are designed to provide easy access to UPS services and improve customer satisfaction by displaying key shipment information at checkout. The tools include:
· Shipping, to process shipments and print labels.
· Tracking, to allow package tracking by merchants and purchasers.
· A Rates & Service selection to allow Yahoo merchants real-time access to UPS shipping rates for their customers.
· Time in Transit, to compare the speed of different UPS shipping services.
· Address Validation, to ensure shipping addresses are correct.
· High-volume Yahoo merchants will have access to import and export processing through UPS WorldShip.
Yahoo Small Business merchants can use the UPS OnLine Tools themselves or let customers view Rates & Service and Time in Transit from the merchant's site.
As part of the integration agreement, a co-branded site at ups.yahoo.com will showcase the relationship. Updated periodically, it includes a merchant center, which educates about the Yahoo-UPS relationship and offers case studies and services.