InfoUSA.com, a unit of infoUSA Inc., has licensed its white and yellow pages directory-assistance content to America Online Inc. for use by several of AOL's brands, infoUSA.com announced yesterday.
As part of the agreement, users of AOL's CompuServe, Netscape and MapQuest brands can access more than 14 million U.S. and Canadian businesses and more than 160 million individuals through infoUSA data.
Other infoUSA databases now accessible on the AOL brands include:
· American Medical Information Database of more than 575,000 physicians and surgeons.
· Business Fax Database of more than 3.4 million U.S. and Canadian fax numbers.
· Multimedia Business Database containing more than 400,000 pictures of U.S. businesses.
· 1-800 Database of toll-free phone listings in the United States and Canada.
· URL Business Database of more than 875,000 Web addresses for U.S. and Canadian businesses.
“Directory assistance data by its very nature is time-sensitive and perishable,” said Vin Gupta, chairman/CEO of infoUSA Inc., Omaha, NE. “InfoUSA's unique compilation and verification process results in millions of unique listings. InfoUSA's interactive updating solutions can provide users confidence that the information they receive is the most current, accurate and reliable.”
America Online Inc. is a unit of AOL Time Warner Inc.