ICOM Information & Communications Inc., a Toronto-based database marketing solutions provider, said yesterday that its TargetSource consumer responder database now has 650,000 self-reported names of video and DVD mail-order buyers.
TargetSource is a database of self-reported consumer responder information featuring 1,500 lifestyle, demographic, behavior and interest selections. The data are taken from a survey, The Shoppers Voice, which ICOM mails to 60 million households yearly. The survey generates an 18 percent response rate.
ICOM added questions about videos and DVDs in the spring 2003 Shoppers Voice, which began mailing in February. Responding to new questions on the survey, consumers said that they are mail-order buyers of videos and DVDs. In addition:
· 25 percent have home theater systems.
· 39 percent are interested in reading about entertainment.
· 64 percent own a DVD player.
· 63 percent are married.
· 44 percent have children under 17.
· 9 percent provided a confirmed opt-in e-mail address.