List management and brokerage firm Chilcutt Direct Marketing, Oklahoma City, yesterday added eight emap-Petersen sportsman publication files to its extensive list roster in that category.
These emap-Petersen files join CDM's roster of managed outdoor and sportsman lists, including such files as Arkansas Outdoor Databank, Bass Pro Shops, Buckmaster, Campmor, Shooting Sportsman, Wild Wings and Wildwood Press.
Emap-Petersen became acquainted with CDM last year when it purchased the magazines Gun Dog, Wildfowl and Wing & Shot from Stover Publishing. Under Stover's ownership, CDM had managed the three files since 1985 and has continued to handle them since the purchase.
The eight publications, which were formerly managed at Novus Marketing Inc., Valhalla, NY, are:
• Bowhunting, which reaches hunting enthusiasts and has 192,000 active subscribers.
• Guns & Ammo, a leading firearms publication with 456,000 active subscribers.
• Handguns, which reaches handgun owners and collectors and has 110,000 active subscribers.
• Hunting, which reaches avid hunters and has 351,000 active subscribers.
• Michigan Hunting and Fishing, a regional publication with 31,000 active subscribers.
• New York Sportsman, a regional hunting and fishing publication with 35,000 active subscribers.
• Pennsylvania Sportsman, a regional hunting and fishing publication that has 56,000 active subscribers.
• RifleShooter, which reaches rifle enthusiasts and has 55,000 active subscribers.
Subscribers to these monthly publications are primarily male. Most of the files offer recency, geography and change of address selects, and all have base prices of $85 per thousand.