Travelocity.com Unveils E-Mail Travel Notification ServiceTravelocity.com yesterday debuted My Messaging, an e-mail notification service that lets travelers receive instant information concerning flight delays, schedule changes and breaking news on nearly any communication device, including cellular phones, personal data assistants, fax, e-mail or pager.
The company said travelers can sign up for a number of notifications under the My Messaging service, including:
• Schedule Changes -- changes to trip itineraries due to airline schedule changes.
• Urgent Reach -- airline labor actions and airport closings.
• Arrival Status -- flight arrival times and gate and baggage claim information.
• Trip Reminder -- travel itinerary details for flight, car and hotel reservations.
• Trip Status -- departure information and gate number.
"This is the first product that redefines the concept of notification and puts control in the hands of the customer," said Russ Smith, Travelocity.com's senior vice president of operations-customer service.
The My Messaging service also lets users notify others who need to be informed of their travel status or plans. Users can select the type of messages they receive and the delivery options they prefer, including if the messages should be sent to multiple locations.
Travelocity.com has been providing customer notifications through its flight paging service since 1997. It noted that the My Messaging service takes its messaging further by offering customers more options and greater interactivity.