Student teams triumphant in 2007 DMEF Collegiate ECHO awards
A sextet of student groups had their moment in the spotlight when Litle & Co., a payment processor for direct merchants, and the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation announced the winners of the 2007 DMEF Collegiate ECHO Competition.
The winners are:
- Gold/Undergraduate: Christopher Newport University
- Gold/Graduate: Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College
- Silver/Undergraduate: University of Northern Colorado
- Silver/Graduate: Loyola University, Chicago
- Bronze/Undergraduate: Ithaca College
- Bronze/Graduate: Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College
The competition allows teams of university students to submit direct or interactive marketing campaigns targeting companies involved in direct marketing. The campaigns are judged by practitioners including senior marketing management at the sponsoring company.
The 2007 competition, sponsored by Litle & Co., centered on the company and its customer-acquisition and marketing programs. With a $500,000 budget, the challenge required students to develop multichannel-marketing campaigns that included direct mail, e-mail, outbound telemarketing or other media, alone or in any combination.
Undergraduate Gold Award-winning team members will be presented with trophies on October 16 at the DMA International ECHO Awards ceremony and gala during the DMA07 Conference & Exhibition, which runs between October 13-18, at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.