Royal Mail Supports Education ProgramRoyal Mail donated $195,239 this year to the IDM Education Program, which provides learning materials for the United Kingdom's university students and lecturers.
Yesterday's announcement was made by the education program, which brings graduates into the direct marketing profession in the UK. It aims to ensure that marketing managers of the future understand DM's importance in business.
The program includes: IDM Education modules; a student Web site; an annual national student direct marketing competition; the IDM Graduate Fast Track program; and free training for UK academics. Since its launch in 1984, the IDM Education Program has achieved:
· More than 70 UK universities received teaching material to support direct marketing teaching.
· More than 400 lecturers attended IDM workshops and training events.
· More than 2,000 students have taken an IDM Certificate.
· The launch of the student Web site, which receives 2,000 visits monthly.
· More than 150 higher-education careers offices in the UK received IDM information about careers in direct marketing.
Mickey Alam Khan covers Internet marketing campaigns and e-commerce, agency news as well as circulation for DM News and DMNews.com. To keep up with the latest developments in these areas, subscribe to our daily and weekly e-mail newsletters by visiting www.dmnews.com/newsletters