Quick E-Mail Response Means Repeat VisitorsOnline shoppers are more likely to return to Web sites that answer e-mail within 12 hours, according to a new study by market research firm NFO Interactive, Greenwich, CT. The firm recently announced results of its biannual study examining the buying habits, attitudes and trends of online shoppers.
From a sample of 2,134 online users, both buyers and nonbuyers, 80 percent of those surveyed had transacted online and nearly everyone had used the Internet to research products or services.
Among other findings, the report also found that:
• 58 percent of online shoppers are female.
• 75 percent of all Web purchases are made by 25 percent of the online shoppers, who have purchased from an average of six categories in the past three months.
• 72 percent of those surveyed said they are concerned about security.
• 41 percent of those surveyed said they would feel more confident in a site if they could e-mail a sales representative for customer service.
• 45 percent said they would visit a site more if that e-mail were responded to within 12 hours.
More information can be found at www.nfoi.com.