|Of the $46 billion dollars USPS collected in postage for market-dominant products in which it owns a monopoly, nearly $36 billion was accounted for by Standard Mail, Flats, and presort First Class Mail paid for by business mailers.
|The symbiotic relationship between USPS and bulk mailers is currently at an historic juncture, with the USPS struggling for its very survival and mailers dealing with an unprecedented “exigent” rate increase to help offset a steady 30% decline in First Class Mail and competition from the Internet. As it concluded its most recent fiscal year last September, the Postal Service declared a net loss of $5 billion and had posted losses in 19 of its previous 21 quarters.|
- PRC Chief Robert Taub on the ...
- Mail in the Digital Age, with ...
- DMA's Chris Oswald on Direct Marketers' ...
- Sen. Tom Carper On Passing Postal ...
- USPS Sales Chief Tells Mailers What ...
- The Postal Service's Best Customers
- Getting Sorted with Hamilton Davison
- Talking Innovation With the USPS CMO
- What's New at the USPS in 2014?
- Meet the DMA's Woman in Washington
Steve Wojtaszek, or Mr. Wojo as he's known to the thousands of postal employees whose actions he directs on a daily basis, is senior plant manager of the Morgan P&DC in Manhattan.
Real Mail Notification sends subscribers emails at 8 a.m. with photos of that day's mailbox contents.
It comes up short on seven out of eight service goals. Labor costs and unrealized efficiencies from plant consolidations are blamed.
The proposed legislation seeks to preserve six-day delivery and put obstacles in the way of closing rural Post Offices.