|Of the $46 billion dollars USPS collected in postage for market-dominant products in which it owns a monopoly, nearly $36 billion was accounted for by Standard Mail, Flats, and presort First Class Mail paid for by business mailers.
|The symbiotic relationship between USPS and bulk mailers is currently at an historic juncture, with the USPS struggling for its very survival and mailers dealing with an unprecedented “exigent” rate increase to help offset a steady 30% decline in First Class Mail and competition from the Internet. As it concluded its most recent fiscal year last September, the Postal Service declared a net loss of $5 billion and had posted losses in 19 of its previous 21 quarters.|
- PRC Chief Robert Taub on the ...
- Mail in the Digital Age, with ...
- DMA's Chris Oswald on Direct Marketers' ...
- Sen. Tom Carper On Passing Postal ...
- USPS Sales Chief Tells Mailers What ...
- The Postal Service's Best Customers
- Getting Sorted with Hamilton Davison
- Talking Innovation With the USPS CMO
- What's New at the USPS in 2014?
- Meet the DMA's Woman in Washington
Real Mail Notification delivers folks a morning preview of their daily mail and allows them to interact digitally with direct mail pieces.
A Temple University neuromarketing study finds that direct mail tops digital media for engagement time, recall, and ultimate purchase.
Deliv buys WeDeliver in quest to become the largest same-day delivery company in the nation.
The Postal Regulatory Commission buys time by suspending a requirement that the Postal Service gives mailers 45 days' notice prior to lifting the surcharge.