DMA UK: ESPs Working With ISPs to Tackle Deliverability Issues
This finding was contained in the Direct Marketing Association (UK) Ltd's E-Mail Marketing Council's National E-mail Benchmarking Report. Initial findings were released yesterday.
The survey is conducted quarterly by independent benchmarking firm tank! to assess industry trends and highlight areas for development and improvement in e-mail marketing. The survey was completed by ESPs and examined metrics in the UK's e-mail marketing industry.
· 68 percent of acquisition e-mail messages are sent on a weekly basis.
· 50 percent of retention e-mails are sent monthly.
· The most popular types of e-mails sent are product promotion and newsletter formats, accounting for 73 percent of all e-mails.
· 58 percent of all e-mail providers' clients conduct e-mail marketing to businesses and consumers. However, in terms of volume of e-mails sent, there is a heavy emphasis on business-to-consumer marketing.
· The largest industry sectors served by ESPs are BTC travel and leisure (26 percent) and BTC retail (14.8 percent).
· Though all clients can measure ROI, less than 40 percent of respondents said their clients tracked conversions.