EBay posts Q1 gains

Share this content:

EBay Inc. said consolidated net revenues for the first quarter ended March 31 rose 27 percent to $1.77 billion.

The San Jose, CA-based Internet company's net income increased 52 percent year over year to $377 million, or 27 cents per diluted share.

Ebay's registered user base at the end of the first quarter totaled 233 million for a 21 percent gain over last year. Users of eBay generated a total of 588 million listings in the first quarter for a 2 percent increase over last year. eBay's marketplace business reported a 23 percent increase in net revenues for the quarter for a total of $1.25 billion.

PayPal's net revenues increased 31 percent to $439 million. PayPal had 143 million accounts at the end of the first quarter for a 36 percent gain over last year. Those accounts helped drive total payment volume of $11.36 billion, a 30 percent increase over last year.

PayPal Merchant Services contributed $4.38 billion of the $11.36 billion. That represented a 51 percent increase over last year.

In the communications business, Skype reported net revenues increased 123 percent to $79 million. It had 196 million registered users at the end of the first quarter, a 107 percent increase from last year.


Next Article in Multichannel Marketing

Sign up to our newsletters

Company of the Week

Since 1985, Melissa has helped thousands of companies clean, correct and complete contact data to better target and communicate with their customers. We offer a full spectrum of data quality solutions, including global address, phone, email, and name validation, identify verification - available for batch or real-time processes, in the Cloud or on-premise. Our service bureau provides dedupe, email/phone append and geographic/demographic append services for better targeting and insight. For direct mailers, Melissa offers easy-to-use address management/postal software, list hygiene services and 100s of specialty mailing lists - all with competitive pricing and excellent customer service.

Find out more here »

Career Center

Check out hundreds of exciting professional opportunities available on DMN's Career Center.  
Explore careers in digital marketing, sales, eCommerce, marketing communications, IT, data strategies, and much more. And don't forget to update your resume so employers can contact you privately about job opportunities.

>>Click Here

Relive the 2017 Marketing Hall of Femme

Click the image above