Maximal Upgrades Its Data Analysis ToolMaximal Innovative Intelligence, Reston, VA, said the newest version of its data analysis tool, Max 3.0, will be available next month.
The new version is designed to exploit the productivity and analytical functionality capabilities of the new Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services.
Maximal said the new version is not only "ideal" for implementation over an intranet, in portals or over the Internet due to its support of Microsoft's Analysis Services, but it also introduces a feature called One-Button Analysis.
Another feature of the tool is Max Interactions, which allows "easy" export to PivotTable Services, Excel 2000 and PowerPoint 2000.
The tool also supports the key features of Microsoft's Analysis Services, including:
• Web access. The Max 3.0 front end works in a browser and can connect over the Internet to an analysis services server, allowing users to connect to data at any time from any location.
The tool allows several actions to be launched from within Max, enabling users to utilize an external application, database query or Web page to further analyze or share information based on a specific data element.
• Security enhancements. The Max 3.0 offers security based on the enhanced security model in Analysis Services.
• Real-time online analytical processing. Cubes can be set up to refresh the data automatically according to user-defined parameters. Real-time views can be saved in a portal for easy access to update data.
• Drill-through. Users can access the source data that generates a particular data selection.
• Large dimension support. Large dimensions can be created and viewed in Max 3.0.
• Specialized dimension types. Max 3.0 supports the new dimension types available in Analysis Services, including ragged dimensions and parent-child dimensional hierarchies, which vastly expand navigational and analytical capabilities.
For more information, call 703/925-5959.