Oracle Social Cloud becomes the latest social marketing platform to integrate with LinkedIn
Oracle Social Cloud joins a select group of platforms that have access to LinkedIn's API for marketing purposes.
By becoming the latest addition to LinkedIn's Certified Company Page Partner program, Oracle Social Relationship Management platform will give its users the ability to perform several marketing activities on LinkedIn through the Oracle platform.
Other platforms that currently offer this capability include Adobe Social, Hubspot, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Spredfast, Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, NewsCred, Percolate and Shoutlet.
“LinkedIn is an essential platform not just for B2B organizations but also for companies needing a complete multiplatform social strategy,” said Meg Bear, group vice president, Oracle Social Cloud. “This announcement strengthens our offering for B2B organizations, especially when coupled with our customer experience offerings like Oracle Eloqua."
The integration means that Oracle Social Cloud users will now be able to do the following:
- Publish posts to their LinkedIn company pages and showcase pages. These posts can also be targeted to different audiences categorized by geography, language preference, company size, job function, industry, and seniority.
- Engage followers by responding to likes and comments on their pages.
- Manage authorization of LinkedIn Company Pages and Showcase Pages within the Oracle SRM platform and organize pages within various bundles.
- Assign users for management, publishing, and engagement permissions for pages within various bundles of the Oracle SRM account.
- View analytics for the performance of content on their LinkedIn pages and posts.
In addition to content publishing features, Oracle customers will be able to use Dynamic Link Tracking, a proprietary tool devised by Oracle that enables users to track and understand the activity of the customer and realize what type of posts/content drive action.
LinkedIn is a timely addition to Oracle's Social Cloud capabilities, which previously only integrated with Facebook and Twitter's APIs. However, compared some of the platforms in the program, Oracle isn't currently offering the ability to buy and deploy paid advertising on LinkedIn, at least not through its own platform. It does however, offer integrations with Kenshoo, Nanigans and SHIFT which enable paid social media advertising.
The news of the integration comes ahead of Oracle's Responsys Interact Conference, which is taking place today, tomorrow and Friday in San Francisco. The conference will highlight the new features being released for Oracle Marketing Cloud as well as discuss best practices in the B2B digital marketing space.