Girl Power, Marketing-Style
“Her all-in personal investment makes her a driving force for our organization and customers.” This quote from a colleague about 2014 Marketing Hall of Femme honoree Protection 1
Chief Marketing & Customer Experience Officer Jamie Haenggi is representative of the laudatory sentiments expressed in all of the nominations submitted for the Direct Marketing News' 2014 Marketing Hall of Femme.
As most of you recovered from your New Year's Eve celebrations, the editorial team here at Direct Marketing News was immersed in reading about the amazing accomplishments of the nearly 50 chief marketers nominated for the 2014 Marketing Hall of Femme. As I read through each, I could barely sit still; popping up from my seat to give air high-fives to women who were there only in spirit, or turning to my colleagues longing to ask whether they had read about this accomplishment or that, only to bite my tongue until after the judging was complete.
This year's honorees—18 exceptional female marketing chiefs—stand out not only for the success of their marketing strategies, but also for their outstanding leadership. Their methods have improved marketing performance for their current and previous companies alike, and have yielded measureable results, from revenue growth to increases in customer engagement. Their leadership inspires colleagues to achieve greatness; their stories are ones of dynamism, decisiveness, and determination.
Who are they?
The 2014 Marketing Hall of Femme honorees are…
- Frances Allen, EVP, Chief Brand Officer, Denny's Corp.
- Amy Bohutinsky, CMO, Zillow
- Kathy Button Bell, VP, CMO, Emerson Electric
- Leilani M. Brown, CMO, Starr Companies
- Susan Cohig, SVP of Integrated Marketing, National Hockey League
- Dorothy Dowling, SVP, Marketing & Sales, Best Western International
- Peggy Dyer, CMO, American Red Cross
- Jamie Haenggi, Chief Marketing & Customer Experience Officer, Protection 1
- Teri Llach, CMO, Blackhawk Network
- Kristin Lynch, CMO and VP, Brand Marketing, World Kitchen
- Nagisa Manabe, Chief Marketing & Sales Officer, USPS
- Stephanie Marchesi, CMO and Senior Partner, FleishmanHillard
- Tricia Melton, SVP of Entertainment Marketing, TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies, Turner Broadcasting
- Trish Mueller, SVP & CMO, The Home Depot
- Karen Quintos, SVP & CMO, Dell Inc.
- Mary Novak-Beatty, VP of Marketing and Call Center Sales, Mayflower Tours
- Sheena Oliver, VP, Marketing, Oticon Inc.
- Ann Sung Ruckstuhl, SVP & CMO, LiveOps
Their successes are truly inspirational. It's our honor to highlight their achievements. Watch for their full profiles in March.
Additionally, Direct Marketing News will celebrate this award of distinction on Friday, March 21 in New York City at a festive awards ceremony set amid a half day of education and inspiration. The day will feature a keynote presentation and panel discussion on how to succeed as a chief marketer and on marketing leadership, as well as the awards ceremony and brunch. It's an event you won't want to miss.