Direct Media, Paradysz Matera Announce Merger

Share this content:
Direct Media Inc. and Paradysz Matera yesterday announced a merger in which a holding company will own the two companies, with each firm having a 50 percent stake, said David W. Florence, chairman of Direct Media.

Paradysz Matera CEO Chris Paradysz called the partnership "[a] merger of equals, with both organizations bringing their strengths together to make something stronger and better with more resources."

Talks between Florence and Paradysz began about four weeks ago, and both said similar philosophies made the deal an easy decision.

"We're both mailer advocates, we both say if it works for the clients we don't have to worry about anything else," Florence said.

Though the services of the firms overlap somewhat, each has unique elements that the other expects to tap.

Direct Media, founded by Florence in 1969, focuses on consumer and business-to-business list brokerage and management. Though Acxiom Corp. acquired Direct Media in 1996, Florence and other Direct Media employees bought back 51 percent of the firm in February 2000 and the remaining 49 percent about six months later.

Paradysz founded Paradysz Matera in 1988 as Paradysz Group. In 1990, Angelo Matera joined the firm as a partner, prompting the name change. Matera has retired from the firm. The company specializes in research and analysis with a 14-member research staff as well as list brokerage.

Paradysz Matera has locations in New York, Minneapolis, San Francisco and East Brunswick, NJ. Direct Media is based in Greenwich, CT, with satellite offices in Chicago, Toronto, Kansas City, Port Chester, NY, and Conway, AR.

Florence and Paradysz said that the integration would be done slowly.


Next Article in Marketing Strategy

Sign up to our newsletters

Company of the Week

Since 1985, Melissa has helped thousands of companies clean, correct and complete contact data to better target and communicate with their customers. We offer a full spectrum of data quality solutions, including global address, phone, email, and name validation, identify verification - available for batch or real-time processes, in the Cloud or on-premise. Our service bureau provides dedupe, email/phone append and geographic/demographic append services for better targeting and insight. For direct mailers, Melissa offers easy-to-use address management/postal software, list hygiene services and 100s of specialty mailing lists - all with competitive pricing and excellent customer service.

Find out more here »

Career Center

Check out hundreds of exciting professional opportunities available on DMN's Career Center.  
Explore careers in digital marketing, sales, eCommerce, marketing communications, IT, data strategies, and much more. And don't forget to update your resume so employers can contact you privately about job opportunities.

>>Click Here

Relive the 2017 Marketing Hall of Femme

Click the image above