ICOM Adds Home Studiers to TargetSourceICOM Information & Communications Inc., a Toronto-based database marketing solutions provider, said Friday that its TargetSource consumer responder database now has 335,000 self-reported names of home-study course takers.
TargetSource is a database of self-reported consumer responder information featuring 1,500 lifestyle, demographic, behavior and interest selections. The data are taken from a survey, The Shoppers Voice, which ICOM mails to 60 million households yearly. The survey generates an 18 percent response rate.
ICOM added questions about home-study courses in its latest Shoppers Voice survey. The breakdown of respondents claiming to be taking home-study courses was as follows:
· 50 percent are working women.
· 35 percent are single.
· 48 percent have children 18 and younger.
· 22 percent operate a home business or are self-employed.
· 13 percent are in sales or marketing.
· 59 percent own their apartment, condo or single-family home.
· 70 percent own a computer.
· 22 percent have confirmed opt-in e-mail addresses