FedEx Freight Enhances Online Shipping AbilitiesFedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp., Memphis, TN, and a less-than-truckload services provider, announced new offerings yesterday designed for customers to access shipping information through the Internet. Site enhancements include:
· My Account home page. Once customers log onto the "My Account" password-protected site, they see a calendar view of their shipping activity by account number, including estimated delivery and shipment pickup dates, which eliminates the need to enter individual shipment numbers or contact FedEx Freight to track shipments. This information will help companies plan product inventory and staffing.
· Online pickup request. This lets customers receive a pickup confirmation number for each request and have easy access to shipment pickup request details for the previous 90 days.
· Online bill of lading generator. By logging onto "My Account," customers can access the updated Bill of Lading generator to instantly print bills of lading or shipping labels, and e-mail them directly to interested parties.
· Wireless convenience. Customers can get shipping information via wireless device with FedEx Wireless Solutions, an enhancement that makes it easy to track the status of FedEx shipments.
· Improved online tools for shipments to/from Canada. FedEx Freight added end-to-end online tracking capabilities and a pickup request feature for shipments to and from Canada. It also created an online point-to-point transit time calculation capability between pickup points and destinations in the United States and Canada.