**Epsilon to Build Online Solution for Save the ChildrenEpsilon, Burlington, MA, a database marketing services provider, will design and deploy a new Web site for Save the Children, Westport, CT, an international, not-for-profit child assistance organization, Epsilon said yesterday.
Set to launch in May 2001, the new site, www.savethechildren.org, will enable STC to integrate its online and offline marketing programs to transition current constituent groups to the Web and attract and retain new supporters.
It also will allow STC to develop one-to-one relationships with sponsors, as well as a more comprehensive understanding of the behavior, preferences and needs of its sponsors and donors through advanced analytics and Web data mining. STC's communications have long been delivered through traditional marketing channels such as direct mail and telemarketing centers.
The new Web site will enable STC to:
• Generate 360-degree views of their sponsor and donor bases.
• Bridge traditional and online marketing capabilities.
• Provide online custom content to the media, educators and large-scale grantors.
• Create a Web-based advocacy network to increase support for child-centered policies and programs both in the United States and abroad.
• Allow donors and volunteers to update important contact information and download applicable tax documents online.
• Accelerate processing and activation time for child sponsorship and other community development programs.
• Facilitate organization-sponsor communication through the refinement of content.
• Increase access to information about the organization via the Internet.
STC will use the Web solution extensively for its child sponsorship initiative, through which donors develop a direct relationship with a child through letters and photographs. The solution will streamline the complex overseas communication process by providing direct access to STC's AS400 server, simplifying the renewal process for the sponsor or donor, and increasing STC's sponsor and donor retention levels.
"The Web site Epsilon is building will allow us to better communicate with and understand all of our constituents: the general public, the media and donors, improving their experience as well as the delivery of information and services," said Brian Anderson, associate vice president of strategic services at Save the Children.
In addition, he said the solution would reduce the organization's operating expenses, allowing it to "help more children and allocate resources more efficiently."