DMers to Show Off Their Wares at Catalog Conference
· RealRead Inc., Fremont, CA, will introduce RealRead Search Engine Visibility, which automates the creation of instantly searchable keyword metadata when converting Adobe Acrobat PDFs to RealRead's book-like format. This eliminates the need to hand code an entire rich media document's content for visibility to search engines. RealRead Search Engine Visibility is a feature of RealRead Uploader 2.0 and RealRead Server 2.0.
· Dydacomp, Totowa, NJ, will release MOM XL, its new large-scale edition of Mail Order Manager, the PC-based order processing and catalog management system. The new edition is designed to work with extremely large databases and provide remote access options, simultaneous record use, real-time recovery procedures, data access for third-party custom report generation and integration utilities for other e-commerce applications.
· Epicenter is a new shopping concept that will bring a collection of catalogers under one roof inside shopping centers nationwide. It will be launched by the Gordon Group, Greenwich, CT, a shopping center development firm.
· Ten automated agents from Voxify, Alameda, CA, will make their debut: Shopping Agent, Order Taking Agent, Order Status Agent, Catalog Request Agent, Inventory Check Agent, Account/Loyalty Programs Agent, Lead Capture Agent, Welcome Agent, Store Locator Agent and Gift Card Agent.
· First-time attendee DMC International, a direct marketing agency based in Amsterdam, will offer a way for companies to use their existing U.S. marketing plans to establish a foothold in Europe.
· Miami-based printer St. Ives, which specializes in catalogs, brochures, mailers and inserts, continues to refine its online creative-to-print system Get Connected. It is accessible through a Web-connected computer, letting customers track the progress of jobs, proof online, make and track changes, review jobs simultaneously with multiple users and approve work from any location.
· Canada Post Borderfree, Toronto, has evolved from being a technology provider and now offers U.S. retailers entry to Canada through an array of direct marketing, transportation and e-commerce solutions.
· Optimost, New York, recently launched Audience Segmenting, which lets marketers optimize key Web pages based on combinations of audience characteristics such as traffic generated via specific keywords, ad banners and other traffic sources.
Chantal Todé covers catalog and retail news and BTB marketing for DM News and DM News.com. To keep up with the latest developments in these areas, subscribe to our daily and weekly e-mail newsletters by visiting www.dmnews.com/newsletters