Autobytel: Internet Helps Auto Dealers
Autobytel surveyed its dealers last month to learn how the Internet has affected their dealerships and to what degree. Dealers agreed that the Internet/online technologies have:
· Lowered marketing/sales costs (66 percent).
· Improved customer relations (84 percent).
· Made it easier to manage customer information (92 percent).
· Helped them retain more sales customers (78 percent).
· Helped them retain more service customers (53 percent).
· Increased the number of financing customers (65 percent).
· Helped them provide marketing/sales information more easily and quickly (96 percent).
Also, 80 percent "strongly agreed" or "agreed" that the Internet has helped them sell more new vehicles, while 77 percent strongly agreed/ agreed that it helped sell more used vehicles.
The Internet's most positive impact, according to dealers, may be in CRM. Sixty-two percent strongly agreed/agreed that they've successfully used the Internet to retain more customers who previously purchased a new or used vehicle from their dealership. Eighty-eight percent strongly agreed/agreed that the Internet has improved customer relationship management overall at their dealership.