Chase Celebrates Newsletter's 10th Anniversary With PredictionsLarry Chase marks the 10th anniversary of his Web Digest for Marketers e-mail newsletter today with a special Top 10 Internet Marketing Trends From Larry Chase's Web Digest for Marketers.
"We've had a good hit rate when identifying the real shifts in Internet marketing from those that are just hype," he said.
Chase's free e-mail newsletter has a circulation of more than 45,000. It can be viewed at http://wdfm.com, as can Chase's marketing trends predictions for the next 10 years.
Some trends Chase projects, and the reasons for his observations:
· Pay-per-call advertising. The chances of closing a lead or prospect on the phone are many times higher than someone who clicks through to a Web site.
· Pod casting. People like time shifting. They do it with TiVos, DVDs and, for the past 20 years, with VCRs. People download music to their MP3 players and iPods.
· Reverb marketing. Consumers are experiencing media saturation, and they're consuming multiple channels simultaneously.
· Multimedia blogs. Blogs are not only here to stay, they're going multimedia.
· E-mail marketing remains essential. The spam problem will get solved because it has to. Even if e-mail postage is the solution, e-mail marketing will still be faster and more cost-effective than most competing channels.
· Vertical search engines. No one wants to deal with "4 million relevant search results." Focused search tools will help users find what they're looking for faster and command higher ad rates.