Alloy Online, Musicland Team with Sam GoodyAlloy Online Inc. and Musicland Stores Corp., parent company of Sam Goody, are joining forces to cross-market their brands to Generation Y and increase their customer bases, the companies said yesterday.
Alloy, a Web site for the 10-24 age group known as Generation Y, will provide Sam Goody with a "virtual" link on its site, under the terms of the agreement. Alloy, in turn, will receive "real world" exposure through Sam Goody music stores.
Specifics of the agreement are:
• Alloy will be represented at all 650 Sam Goody stores through signs, ads on the in-store TV station and bag stuffers.
• Musicland's Web sites -- SamGoody, Suncoast, MediaPlay, OnCue -- will link to Alloy's Web site.
• Alloy will have access to Musicland's million-member database to use for co-branded direct mailings.
• Sam Goody will be Alloy's exclusive music commerce partner with an online store at its Web site.
• Sam Goody will be included in Alloy's direct e-mail campaigns, catalogs, package inserts and sweepstakes.
• Alloy will hold two sweepstakes a year and provide the Minneapolis-based Musicland with the names of registrants to help them build a database of customer leads.