Retail Marketing is Omnichannel Marketing
11:00 - 11:40 am
Rack Room Shoes' Pumps Up Its Customer Loyalty
The retailer combines data, research, and mobile email to deliver a high-heeled digital loyalty program.
Keeping pace with the on-the-go shoe lovers who comprise its customer base is top priority for Rack Room Shoes. So, after conducting extensive research and data analysis, the retailer launch a stylishly modern loyalty points program to attract and retain these mobile moms. A year into the program, 2.1 million customers have enrolled and the retailer has captured 20% more of its customers' overall shoe budget.
Join Jan Mauldin, director of corporate marketing at Rack Room Shoes, to learn the strategy and execution behind the success of the loyalty program. She will explain the:
• Drivers behind the launch of its digitally focused loyalty program
• Research and data that informed the retailers' decisions
• Overall channel strategy for the loyalty program
• Digital elements of the program and how it integrates with other channels
• Lessons learned in researching and rolling out the program
11:40 - 11:55 am
Acquia Sponsored Session
11:55 - 12:35 pm
Content for Commerce: Create Emotionally Engaging Shopping Experiences that Convert
The game has changed for retailers and brands online. Forget the funnel. Consumers now forge their own unique discovery paths through innumerable digital channels. In the midst of digital disruption, organizations are looking to regain control of the brand discovery experience.
Legacy organizational and technical structures no longer meet the expectations of today's consumer. Most organizations are not structured to adequately address these changing consumer expectations: If marketing owns the brand experience and the commerce team owns the number, everyone loses, including the customer. To remain competitive, brands need to deliver unified and engaging content, commerce, and social experiences. To do this successfully, they must transform roles, responsibilities, and enabling technologies to get rid of silos and disjointed digital experiences.
Join Ray Grady, as he digs deeper into the state of commerce, including:
• How global brands are affecting change to drive emotionally engaging experiences that are content-rich, socially immersive, and build brand loyalty
• The leading content and commerce integration models, plus how to select the right one for your business
• Benefits of integrating content, community, and commerce to provide a unified brand experience across all channels, devices, and geographies
12:35 - 12:50 pm
Bronto Sponsored Session
12:50 - 1:30 pm
Give it Up, Old Timer: It's Time to Shift Your Cart Perspective
Hey, Old Timer. Still focusing on shopping cart abandonment? That's, like, so totally last decade! Consumers are no longer intimidated by the shopping cart. Sure, some may still run for the hills and never come back once they see an order total or shipping duration, but many consumers are now using the hell out of your shopping cart as they research potential purchases. Bronto Software partnered with Magento to ask consumers how they use shopping carts and what they expect (and what they hate!) from retailers as they shop on multiple devices and hop between sites and brick-and-mortar stores. Bottom line, it's time to focus on shopping cart utilization strategies and let go of your shopping cart abandonment myopia.
During this session you will learn:
• How are the most frequent online shoppers using shopping carts on mobile devices and in stores?
• What do women want and what could men care less about ... when it comes to shopping carts!
• Does age really matter? Do older folks want more in their cart reminder emails?
• Practical tips to start testing a new shopping cart marketing perspective.
1:30 - 1:45 pm
Marketo Sponsored Session
1:45 - 2:25 pm
The Life of a Customer: How to build continuous relationships with your customers
Marketers need to better understand the life of a customer to build increased engagement and continuous relationships over time. How does a marketing team build deep, enduring relationships with its customers at an individual, personalized level that benefits the customers and the marketers? It's through engaging experiences tied together across channels and at scale that also drive conversions marketers care about and provide insight into spend and effectiveness.
Join Mike Stocker, Senior Consumer Marketing Strategist at Marketo, to review these high-level topics:
• Marketing is converging (the needs of B2B and B2C marketers are the same)
• Think continuous discussions not one-time blasts
• Lifecycle marketing is the key. It's easier to keep and grow a customer than to always acquire new customers