DMN's 2017 Agency Snapshot
DMN's 2017 Agency Snapshot
CEO/Principal: Ajay Gupta
Describe your agency in 10 words or less: Data-driven digital agency for B2B/B2C segmentation, email, social and display advertising
Services offered: Data: B2B & B2C Data Enhancement and Segmentation, Social Media Enhancement, Cultural Data, Political Data, Life Event Trigger Data
- Email: Creative Strategy and Deployment, Email Data Quality and Appending
- Social: Social data, Creative Strategy and Deployment, Optimization and Reporting
- Display: Audience Segmentation and Targeting, Social and Mobile Optimization
Sample clients: Weight Watchers International, Great Clips, Harland Clarke, Texas A&M University
The below quotes are attributed to Ajay Gupta
What does direct mean to you?
Direct” translates to data – and data-driven – marketing to produce accountable results where brands engage with stakeholders – no matter the ad tech, medium, platform, or objective
3 Trends for 2017
- Social data leveraging is a game-changer for sales and marketing organizations. That is, if social media user-posted information, with its immediate signals for relevance, can be acted on quickly, even in real time. Stirista helps B2C and B2B marketers, and both their sales and marketing teams, by offering tested tools to append multichannel prospect and customer contact information to business leads and CRM databases.
- When data is the fuel for strategy and marketing execution, “trust” in data – its timeliness, its accuracy, its ease in accessibility and application – is the currency that allows sales and marketing activity to result. Too often, data quality – and the ability to stage and use accurate data in a timely way – undermines trust… both inside enterprises, where data silos are too often rampant, particularly between sales and marketing teams, and outside the enterprise, between brand and consumer. Thus, confidence level in data quality matters must take precedent in any data-driven marketing enterprise… it's up to the brand to decide if 90-, 95-, or 97-percent accuracy (or greater) helps make analytics and data-driven marketing – and the creative that flows from it -- the best it can be.
- The whole purpose of onboarding customer data is to bring unstructured data to the addressable media universe. Using ad tech and responsible data sources enables brands to link the self-reported and observed digital, social and mobile contexts and behaviors – and use these data for analysis segmentation, attribution and marketing strategy decision making. With more than 90 percent of transactions still happening offline, marketers still need to use email, phone and mail data – in addition to social and mobile channels – to help guide consumer interest to action. Yet brands can be incredibly effective now that they are able to identify buying triggers, sentiment and other contextual triggers from unstructured data sources – and overlay this intelligence with more traditional CRM.
Where change in marketing is everywhere – some truths do not change:
- Marketers still need accurate contact data in all channels – a means to link contact data across platforms
- Marketers still need to have compelling content
- Marketers still need to have a discipline to test, record, analyze and refine