CALL CENTER OPENINGS: Sento Begins Construction on Green River Center
• RMH Teleservices, Bryn Mawr, PA, said last month it opened a 40,000-square-foot call center in Yuma, AZ. The new center will contain 300 workstations, bringing RMH's total workstation count to 3,800. The Yuma location will provide in-language services to RMH's clients.
• Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Miami, announced the completion of a 66,000-square-foot expansion of its 23,000-square-foot facility in Wichita, KS. The $18 million expansion will increase the existing staff of 350 agents and managers at the facility by 400 employees. The Wichita center, which opened in 1997, handles reservations in conjunction with Royal Caribbean's Miami facility. The Wichita center handles 4 million of the 6.5 million calls that the cruise company receives each year and will serve as its corporate headquarters during weather emergencies in Miami.
• ClientLogic, Nashville, TN, said it will open a call center in Kingstree, SC, and a customer contact center in Clovis, NM. Overall, ClientLogic plans to recruit between 350 and 450 associates for both facilities combined. The centers are expected to open before the end of the year. ClientLogic provides customer support for clients using e-mail, online chat, fax and voice services.
• Direct Response Marketing, Worcester, MA, announced last month it opened a 5,000-square-foot call center in Houston. The center will employ more than 100 agents and management personnel. DRM provides its clients with inbound and outbound services at its centers.
• United Airlines, Chicago, said last month it invested $4.5 million worth of renovations and expansions at its inbound contact center in Honolulu to handle reservations. The 22,818-square-foot center will employ an additional 200 people, bringing the airline's total reservation staff in Hawaii to more than 500.
• VisionQuest Marketing Services, Edmond, OK, will open its third call center in El Reno, OK. The new center will have 100 workstations and will open no later than Jan. 1, 2001. VisionQuest, which works primarily on telemarketing direct sales campaigns, opened the center to increase its capacity and to handle larger projects.
• NUI Corp., Bedminster, NJ, said last month that its City Gas Co. of Florida division opened a new call center in Hialeah, FL, to serve the Miami metro area. The opening represented the consolidation of two existing call centers and created 47 new jobs. The new center can handle up to 6,000 calls per day and will be used for customer service.