*Best of Europe Awards Bake Some Surprises
The mailer -- created by agency 4Real for client Bakery De Bruyckere -- received a gold award in the business-to-business products category as well as the award for best low budget campaign. The distributed packages of breads, each with three cakes hidden inside, offered a guarantee to buy back any unused products during the first month. The campaign cost less than 1000 British pounds.
OgilvyOne Worldwide received five awards -- best creative campaign, a gold, a silver and two bronzes -- for its offices in the United Kingdom, Spain and Germany. The creative award was for Seur Espana, which included 32,000 mailings that offered 10 free trials of a 24-hour cash-on-delivery service. Seur hoped to gain 1,200 prospects and exceeded that number by 32 percent.
Gold award winners and special awards went to:
* Consumer Products: Target Marketing, Guinness' "Hudson Blue Club Look Tour 98."
* Consumer Services: Joshua, Cable and Wireless' "Let's Simplify Things."
* Internet and New Media: OgilvyOne Worldwide UK, Lotus Development UK Ltd.'s "Lotus Dev Net."
* BTB Services: DMB&B Clarion, IFS Norge's "Headhunter."
* BTB Products: 4Real, Bakery De Bruyckere's "You Can Recognize the Best Bread by What's Inside."
* Multinational: Ahead, Lego's "Lego Duplo & Primo."
* Retail: Palla Koblinger & Partner, OMV's "Top '98."
* Best Relationship Campaign: CP Comunicacion, CEPSA Agricultural Fuel's "Agroclub."
* Best Database Campaign: Carlson Marketing, British Airways' "Travel Service Recruitment and Ongoing Communication."
* Best E-Commerce and Innovation Campaign: Ahead, ISO's "The Individualized Supermarket."
* Best Creative Campaign: OgilvyOne Worldwide Spain, Seur Espana's "24-Hour Cash on Delivery Service."
* Best Staff Motivation Campaign: Palla Koblinger & Partner, The Australian National Bank's "Future."
* Best Low-Budget Campaign: 4Real, Bakery De Bruyckere's "You Can Recognize the Best Bread by What's Inside."
* Best Telemarketing Campaign: Pell & Bales, IFDW's "Champions for Animals."